Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Art of Starting Over

[The making of chachatherobot's entry on kitchen art exhibit: Curious Buffet]



I made this *bleep* mistake of using coffee on wood. Clearly, I should have known better :(

Coffee is great for paper material. But that effect doesn't work just as fine with wood. It gave the image a good color, but considering it as coffee; it melts, doesn't last (obviously) and is easily removed by contact with water.

SO! Mighty chachatherobot has to redo the painting all over again!

This time--- with acrylics.

(Could be better with oil, but I don't have linseed and proper oil paints, so I'll just keep that in mind next time I shop for materials)

The fish is the only part that I painted with acrylics, so, FISHY SURVIVED.


Coffee removal photos!


Add caption

TADAA!

*Now back to work!*

1 comment:

TRABAJO ARTESANO said...

Gracias por tu visita y por tus bonitas palabras.
La verdad es que llevo un buen tiempo mirando tu trabajo y como en un anterior mensaje te dije es muy bonito.
¿Que te parece si intercambiamos un mensaje para darnos a conocer?
Yo copio una de tus entradas en mi blog y tu copias una de mis entradas en el tuyo, así los que nos visitan nos podrán conocer.
Quería hacerme seguidora de tu blog pero no se como hacerlo.
Si te parece bien lo de intercambiarnos entradas me lo dices y así lo haremos

Un abrazo